Saturday, June 23, 2012

Nursery Tour!

We had alot of fun decorating Lucy's room!  My sweet sister and brother-in law came in one weekend and we put up the bead board and chair rail.  They helped us so much and I think it looks just perfect!  Then, my mom came in during Spring Break and we organized everything after Lucy's shower and put things where we wanted them!



A friend from church, Maria, bought the letters and somehow painted them to match the colors in her room.  Aren't they just precious?  Then, I thought it might be cute to put frames around the letters.  I think it turned out pretty cute!  Someone gave us the crib a while back and we've been storing it!  We knew we would need it sometime!  And the little rocking chair was in my room growing up!



I wanted to add some yellow to the room.  I know the coloring is a little weird, but the curtains added just the right touch!  Someone gave us the glider and it fit perfect in the corner!



Our good friends Zeke and Melissa, found this dresser and I knew it would look so good in her room.  I added the blue knobs to the top of it.  I couldn't decide what to put about the dresser, but my mom and I found the cute shelves at Hobby Lobby.  I got my "inspiration" from Pinterest.  The shelf on the right was a bright white and I just added a stain to it.  Then Jared and I found little trinkets to put on the shelves.  I love how it turned out!



The piece by the door I found at a garage sale for $5.  Not too bad!  I just cleaned it up and sanded it down and added the burlap to the top!  The shadow box above it is the outfit that I wore home from the hospital.  Jared's sister Erin made the cute bow holder.  She just spray painted a frame and hot glued ribbon to the back and the bows just clip right on.  I love displaying all her bows - although we may need to make another one soon!



This is one of my favorite pieces!  My good friend Becca made it!  This verse has inadvertently popped up in lots of places and what a special verse for our sweet Lucy.  Thank you Becca - we love this!


Lucy's room isn't anything spectacular, but we love it and I think it fits her.  We wanted something that wasn't super baby-ish so we could keep it for a long time!  Hope you like her room - thanks again to all the people who helped make it special for Lucy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment