Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Welcome Mr. Hays Michael


This is our last picture as a family of 3.  My parents were already here but I wanted to put Lucy to bed that night.  We read her books and I told her that she was going to meet her new brother in the morning.  We had lots of love and snuggle time - it was just perfect!    


We were supposed to be at the hospital at 7am for my scheduled induction at 8:30am.  That was just crazy to think about, especially after all that happened when I was in labor with Lucy.  Of course, I didn't sleep a wink.  I don't think I was necessarily nervous, just anxious for everything to unfold.  I honestly think I was more worried about how Lucy was going to handle everything. 

Hays' first picture - born on February 20th at 9:01am.
7 pounds 11 ounces
20 inches long


He was PERFECT!  They wheeled me into recovery and let my family come in right away.  I don't remember too much - I was pretty out if all day! 

One really neat thing that happened was 2 of my SWEET friends, both named Amy, took care of me! Amy on the left emailed me the day before saying she worked everything out to be in the operating room with me!  She was fantastic!  She helped calm my nerves and made everything so much easier!  My friend Amy on the right works nights and she met us as we were coming in.  She helped get us settled in a room and offered to stay and help after the c-section.  Of course I said yes and she got to take care of Hays and give him his first bath!  She also kept him in the nursery one night so this momma could get a little sleep!  I can't thank them enough!


Our first picture as a family of 4!  This was how Lucy looked all day - very confused!  She definitely didn't like seeing me in that hospital bed all hooked up.


Jared and my dad with Hays!


Pappy and YaYa with their GRANDSON!  We are all about girls in our family - my mom kept saying how this boy stuff was all new to her!


Lucy trying to figure it all out!  


Poppa and MiMi meeting Hays for the first time!


GiGi meeting Hays for the first time!


The next morning - Lucy was a little more bright eyed!!  Daddy holding his 2 kids!


My sister Brennan, at 34 weeks pregnant flew in to meet Hays - meant the world to me!


Uncle Chris and Aunt Erin meeting Hays!


Getting some snuggles from Daddy!


McCaleb Cousins (minus Easton)


He's looking studly and ready to go home!


We FINALLY got to come home!  Loving our new fam of 4!




No comments:

Post a Comment